"Dr. Wilson helped my daughter to revise her admission essays for Phillips Exeter Academy, one of the top private high schools in the nation. He provided clear feedback in a timely manner and helped her to write great essays. Thanks to his help, she was accepted!"
"To summarize the qualities that stand out about Dr. Wilson, I would say that he is responsible, hardworking, pleasant to be around, intelligent and humble…I would hire him again without hesitation.”
If you would like to see more references or letters of recommendation, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Click Here for my Resume
Below you will find a few samples of my writing. I am happy to provide more upon request.
- “Sanctioned Buffoonery: Cartoonish Action Comedies and the Masculinity Crisis of the 1990s” (appearing on Crooked Marquee)
- “There Are No Goats at the End of This Trail: Disappointment in Travel” (appearing on The Wilson Expeditions)
- “Remembering Isao Takahata: Studio Ghibli’s Underrated Visionary” (appearing on Cultured Vultures)
- “The Story of 2015: Visually Inventive Genre Films, the Rise of the Feminist Blockbuster, and Institutional Villainy” (appearing on Screening Society)
- February 2015 of the Fishburne Cadet Newspaper (I helped edit the articles and create the visual layout for this web publication)
- Film review of Carmo, Hit the Road (appearing in Film & History)
- “‘The Bigger the Lie, the More They Believe’: Cinematic Realism and the Anxiety of Representation in David Simon’s The Wire.” (appearing in South Central Review)
- “‘That Silly Staircase Between Us’: Class Repression in Double Indemnity.” (Awarded the Hamlin Hill Prize by Texas A&M University)
- “Freedom and Exile” (appearing in Hard Freight)